An industry that is growing and actively recruiting for staff, this programme is a great introduction to the world of logistics and distribution. We will translate the jargon, make sense of the technical and take the fear out of the unknown. In order to really open students' eyes to the possibilities of this pathway. NCEA level 3, 10 credits
28 November2 days
All programmes take place in the context of our own famous Seaside Sally's, in this case Sally's Distribution Centre, which supplies Seaside Sally's Cafe & Retail outlets, and Sally's Adventure Parks. Every day will include plenty of role play, making the subjects fun, interesting and real for the students.
NZQA unit 28497 Demonstrate technical knowledge of distribution facility operations.
- Technical terms used in the distribution industry and their practical applications
- The different categories of distribution facilities and equipment
- Processing of inwards goods in a distribution facility
- Picking and issue of orders
- Dispatching orders
- The role of systems for controlling distribution operations
- The importance of customer service for both external and internal customers
|Introduction to Security - Option 2||Register interest|
|Alcohol Management Course - OYD||Register interest|
|Coffee Essentials||03 Dec|
|Team Mocktails||26 Nov|