This course is for duty managers and hospitality staff to gain their Licence Controller Qualification [LCQ].
It is a legal requirement for any business that sells alcohol to always have a Duty Manager on duty at all times. LCQ is also an essential qualification for those required to apply or renew their Duty Manager’s Certificate.
Our industry-expert tutors bring the subject alive with real life stories and experiences, making learning fun and enjoyable.
This is a nationally recognised qualification which guarantees participants will gain the following learning outcomes upon completion.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Gain valuable knowledge for working in the Hospitality industry and any Licensed premise
- Know the requirements for the Licence Controller Qualification and consequences for selling and serving alcohol
- Understand the legal requirements and implications of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- Learn what is means to be a responsible host and the importance of keeping your customers and community safe
- Learn requirements and responsibilities of a Duty Manager when overseeing the sale of alcohol
- Understand the purpose and functions of licensing bodies and their roles
- Know the effects of alcohol and the impact it can have for a Licensed Premise
- Learn to recognize behaviours that indicate intoxication and know techniques to be able to intervene responsibly
- Learn to deal with situations effectively whilst maintaining customer and staff safety.
NZQA units covered
NZQA 4646 v10 L4 Cr2
Demonstrate knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and its implications for licensed premises
NZQA 16705 v6 L4 Cr3
Demonstrate knowledge of host responsibility requirements as a duty manager of licensed premises