- Our Individual Units options offer your students the flexibility to study at their own pace, with a wide range of courses available.
- Help is always available for any students by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just $75 +gst per unit – includes all students learning and assessment material, marking, E certificate and support.
- Looking for more than one unit – check out the Gateway Packages, units beautifully combined into meaningful learning journeys
- Where it is indicated practical is required please do not order unless your student can be assessed in a work placement
OUR INDIVIDUAL UNITS OPTION
OFFERS YOUR STUDENTS THE
FLEXIBILITY TO STUDY AT THEIR
OWN PACE, WITH A WIDE RANGE OF
- Help is always available for any students by
contacting us at email@example.com
- Just $75 +GST per unit
*unless otherwise stated
- For assessments that are indicated as
practical, please only order if your student
can be assessed in a work placement
THE PRICE OF $75 +GST FOR EACH
- All printed student learning and
- Marking of assessments
- E-certificate of completion
- Support from our tutors is available at any
time through our Student Help Desk email
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- Printed certificates – $10 +GST each
- Resits – $17.50 +GST each
All prices indicated are exclusive of GST
unless stated otherwise.
Assessments will clearly indicate whether they
are to be completed in an open or closed book
environment. If they are closed book, the school
must provide an environment where the student
is supervised and completes the assessment
without reference to notes or assistance.
Work experience placements for practical
assessment are to be arranged by schools
where required. If your student is in a work
placement, the supervisor or manager will
be expected to provide and supervise
For Level 3 units, practical assessments must be
completed in a workplace.
Schools will be sent an authorisation to Report
as units are achieved. Schools are required
to report results to NZQA for the student’s
Record of Learning.
Apply skills and qualities of a salesperson in a retail or distribution environment. L 3 Cr 6
Establish and maintain positive customer service interactions in a retail environment. L 2 Cr 2
Demonstrate and apply knowledge of legislation applicable to sale of goods and services.L 2 Cr 4
Prepare and serve hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks for a commercial hospitality establishment L 2 Cr 5
Demonstrate knowledge of food service styles and menu types in the hospitality industryL 2 Cr 3
Prepare and clear areas for table service for a commercial hospitality establishment. L 2 Cr 3
Prepare and clear areas for counter food service for a commercial hospitality establishment. L 2 Cr 2
Pack food and beverage orders for takeaway in a commercial hospitality environment. L 2 Cr 2
Demonstrate knowledge of maintaining a safe and secure environment for people in the hospitality industry L 2 Cr 2
Provide customers with information about an establishment in the hospitality industry. L 2 Cr 2
Demonstrate knowledge of food contamination hazards, and control methods used in a food businessL 3 Cr 4